Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movie Review

Disclaimer: [I dont claim to be a movie expert or even think that anyone should listen to my opinion.  I simply watch a lot of movies and thought I would give my opinion on them.  So you can take it or leave it but here it is,  I will not go into much detail in my reviews because, as I said, I am not an expert and don't want to pretend to be by feeding you some character analysis BS.]

Today's Movie Review:  Tron: Legacy (2010)

I had little idea what this movie was about going into it, and had no idea what was going on until close to halfway through when it was explained in a long discussion and some flashbacks by the main characters.  The acting is good, but its a weird movie so I guess its not that hard to act weird.  The story was kind of dumb.  The story is fairly simple but they try to make it seem complex by simply not telling you what is going on until after the fact. 

Going in my expectations for this movie were fairly high because of the copious amounts of advertising, but I was thoroughly disappointed.  And (kind of a spoiler here) it ends with one of those "and they lived happily ever after" without showing you what the happily ever after was like.

Overall Rating:  B-  (rent it if you're bored)

No comments:

Post a Comment