Sunday, January 23, 2011

Movie Review

Disclaimer: [I dont claim to be a movie expert or even think that anyone should listen to my opinion.  I simply watch a lot of movies and thought I would give my opinion on them.  So you can take it or leave it but here it is,  I will not go into much detail in my reviews because, as I said, I am not an expert and don't want to pretend to be by feeding you some character analysis BS.]


Today's Movie Review:  True Grit (2010)

I never saw the original True Grit so I cant compare the two.

This is your classic lawless western where killing another man is just a part of life.  If you ever played Red Dead Redemption, this movie feels just like it.  The main character is a young, smart, independent girl, who's father was murdered.  Her mission is to find the man who killed her father.  She hires a one eyed, past his prime, drunk, headhunter (Jeff Bridges) to help here find him.  A pompous Texas Ranger (Matt Damon) is already hunting the murderer for a separate crime and joins them on their quest.  Killing, arguing, drinking, and more killing ensues. 

This movie was awesome.  I'm not a big fan of westerns but I loved this movie from start to finish. 

I would rate True Grit: A (A Must See)

No comments:

Post a Comment